Vážení studenti, dovolujeme si vás informovat o chystané konferenci Fibich 2020, kterou pořádá naše katedra.
V příloze naleznete další informace a Call for Papers.
Call for Papers
International Musicological Conference
Zdeněk Fibich: profesní podoby skladatele / Zdeněk Fibich: the composer and his professional appearances
Olomouc, 4-6 May 2020
Společnost Zdeňka Fibicha a Katedra muzikologie Filozofické fakulty Univerzity Palackého v Olomouci Vás srdečně zvou na konferenci zaměřenou na tvorbu Zdeňka Fibicha (1850–1900). Konference se koná u příležitosti skladatelova dvojitého výročí.
The Zdeněk Fibich Society and Department of Musicology at the Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic kindly invite you to participate in a conference focused on the work of Zdeněk Fibich (1850–1900). The event takes place on the occasion of the double anniversary of the composer.
The programme committee invites proposals for contributions on any of the following topics:
· The nineteenth-century composer and his/her related professions – the composer versus conductor, pianist, teacher, editor, reviewer, or organizer of musical life – the social status of the composer in the second half of the nineteenth century
· Music and text, declamation in music, the melodrama and its interpretation
· The idea of national music – the genesis of national theatre, opera and programme music
Especially welcomed are contributions directly connected with the work and life of Zdeněk Fibich:
· Zdeněk Fibich’s compositions (operas, melodramas, incidental music, symphonic poems, symphonies, chamber music, piano music)
· Zdeněk Fibich as a composer accepted and rejected, Fibich´s work abroad
· Zdeněk Fibich as seen by his contemporaries, Fibich’s reception during his lifetime and posthumously
· Individual papers (15 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion)
· Contributions for discussion (10 minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion)
The conference will begin on Monday 4 May 2020 at 10.00 am and end on Wednesday 6 May 2020 at 12.00 pm.
The conference programme will be accompanied by musical performances including a concert at the Moravian Theatre Olomouc (4 May 2020).
Conference languages: Czech, English, German
Conference fee: 20 Euro / 500 Kč (registration details will be communicated to each participant on the basis of his/her application)
Please send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2019. Please include: an abstract of no more than 250 words in a word-compatible format, a biographical note of no more than 150 words, contact details including academic affiliation, if applicable, and any technological requirements.
Contributions will be published in a themed issue of the journal Musicologica Olomucensia (see http://musicologicaolomucensia.upol.cz/). The conference organizers are also planning to use outstanding contributions as the basis for a proposal to publish a themed issue of Nineteenth-Century Music Review focusing on Czech music history (see https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/nineteenth-century-music-review).
doc. PhDr. Jiří Kopecký, Ph.D., PhDr. Věra Šustíková, Ph.D.
Mgr. Kristýna Baborová, Mgr. Milan Balódy, Mgr. Eva Balcárková, Mgr. Kateřina Janíčková,
Mgr. Barbora Cupáková, Mgr. Marcel Pastirčák
Name and surname:
Title of contribution (select whether an individual paper or contribution for discussion):
I will attend the evening concert on 4 May 2020 at the Moravian Theatre Olomouc and I ask for one ticket (no fee will be charged for conference participants):
Accommodation, guest rooms of the Palacký University (app. 20 Euro / 500 Kč per night):
- 3 nights (e.g. from 3 May to 6 May 2020)
- 2 nights (e.g. from 4 May to 6 May 2020)
- 1 night (e. g. from 4 May to 5 May 2020)